It is best to think practically and keep certain specificities in mind before investing in an expensive and stylish sofa set. Here are some pointers that will help you make the best bargain.
- How will it be used- will it be used for daily activities like reading, watching television or relaxing, or will it be used occasionally for formal events only.
- Who will use it- for tall people, a deep seat arrangement will be good. However, for people with knee problems, a sofa with shallow seating arrangements and tight back will be beneficial.
- Following this, decide on the style. For relaxation, deep cushions with loose pillows will be a good option. Rolled arm sofas will serve well in both formal and informal settings.
- For a traditional and formal look, a curvilinear shaped camel-back sofa with shallow seats and tight back will be a good choice.
- Sectionals that have a reclining posture can be used to add a touch of coziness to your living room.
- Always be sure of the measurements. A sofa set that obstructs traffic and overpowers the rest of the decor in the living room is nothing but a bad investment.
- A straight and tight backed sofa, because of its low profile, works well in small spaces.
- Sectionals are more appropriate for lounges and large living rooms.
- High-maintenance fabrics like silk should be opted if there is a guarantee that the sofas are going to be used infrequently.
- Microfibers are apt for heavy usage, can be maintained and cleaned easily, and they also have an attractive outlook.
- Leather fabrics guarantee longevity, even though it imposes considerable limitations as far as the shades are concerned. Buyers can only choose between shades of tan and black.
- After choosing the fabric, pay attention to the color. Neutral shades are the best option, as they make the room look bigger and brighter, and allow users to add brilliant contrasts in terms of the shades of cushion covers, curtains and other upholstery.
- Patterned fabrics can hide stains effectively.
- Bolder fabric colors are best paired with designs that are composed of simple, straight lines.
- You might experiment with the colors and designs, but it is best not to do so as far as quality is concerned. Kiln dried hardwood without knots are generally used to manufacture sofas with a sturdy framework.
- The legs are not individual items that are screwed onto the framework. They are a part of the structure itself. Any product that displays them as separate will not last long.
- The cushions should not get disfigured following extensive usage. An equal combination of dense and down foam will help to retain the shape.
- Check the back for any hollow feel, as this is a sign of the sofa being inferior in quality.
Basic models range anywhere between 700 to 2500 dollars. The prices will vary according to the design of the model and fabric pattern that one chooses.