Quick renovation is an easy alternative to changing the look of your kitchen without spending a fortune. Here are ten easy tips for doing that.
- If you think that your kitchen walls look pale and boring, then re-paint them, preferably with neutral shades like beige, taupe, ivory, gray as with these background colors, you will have ample options to choose a contrasting darker shade.
- Place the furniture in such a way that the kitchen looks spacious.
- You can intelligently place a mirror on the kitchen wall across a window so that it can reflect the sunlight and give the kitchen a brighter look.
- Research extensively on the Internet and consult magazines to determine how you want your kitchen to look.
- Use cookbooks in standing, as well as horizontal positions and arrange them in an interesting manner on the shelf to add a trendy twist to your kitchen.
- You can hang real or artificial plants from the ceiling corners. This will impart a soft look to your kitchen.
- Use rugs to cover old, discolored floors. Be sure of the size before you purchase one.
- Strategic placement of accessories and intelligent use of dish towels, salt-pepper shakers, toaster covers can add edgy feel to your kitchen.
- Wallpapers and tiles can change the outlook of your kitchen altogether. Chose interesting colors and patterns to impart an edgy look.
- Cabinet hardware plays an important role in the final look of your kitchen. They are not very expensive either. So you can just opt for a different style of knobs and handles to change the look of your kitchen altogether.
Revamping your kitchen allows you to be imaginative and have fun with different colors, styles and patterns. If you know what you want, and make the right choices, then you can give your kitchen an all new look.