Most of the people live in small places or have at least one small room. If you want to have a room look bigger than it actually is, there are some tricks that will make do.
Small rooms look inconvenient and uncomfortable. Some changes in the design and colors may be helpful in order to fool the eye.
So What Can You Do?
Read this article and try out some of the tricks yourself. See which one is better for your place.
1. Use lighter colors. Optical illusion can wok in cases where real changes cannot be made. Use a combination of colors and contrast them. Or use a single light color. Cream colors are just fine. This way your room will look more airy and considerably bigger.
2. Use more light. It opens up the interior. Light does great things. But, of course, we are talking about natural light. If you have big windows, open the curtains or blinds. If you cannot allow tons of natural light, you can use some lightning effects.
3. Use less furniture. Even the biggest room will look tiny if you store too much furniture and other stuff. By providing a lot of space in the room, it will not only look bigger, it will be bigger as you will have more space to walk across. Ensure that some of the furniture is the same color as the color of the walls.
4. Keep your room tidy. Even if you don’t have much furniture, a messy room doesn’t look big. Don’t put too many pictures on the walls. Having too much going on in a room will make it look crowded. Get rid of all the things you don’t really need or stuff that doesn’t belong to the room. Store away everything that doesn’t need you attention right now.
5. Add mirrors. Mirrors can do wonders when it comes to making a room bigger. They give the illusion of depth. If you put mirrors on the walls, it will give the impression that there is more going on there. Furthermore, mirrors reflect light.
6. If you have curtains, a good idea is to buy ones whose color is the same as the color of the walls.
7. Try using multi-function furniture so that you avoid having too many items in the room. For example, you may use a chest as a table or a sofa as a bed.
8. If you are willing to have any paintings on the walls, place one big picture rather than a a group of smaller ones.
9. If you want to have a table in the room, the best choice would be a glass one. It will give the illusion that there is more space in the room.
Hopefully, these tricks will help you make your room look bigger. When a room is small, it is important to consider some of the tips mentioned above. After all, this will make the interior airy and spacious, which will allow for a more relaxed atmosphere for you and the whole family. Use these techniques if you can’t afford to live in a bigger house or apartment. They can even help you if you are willing to sell your property as it will make buyers think it looks bigger and brighter. So go ahead, try these tricks and find the one that is best for you.
Author Bio: July Minor loves to write about home improvement and cleaning. She works a part time job for http://www.tenancyclean.co.uk/end-of-tenancy-cleaning-se15-peckham/ and has a lot to share with her readers.
Image Credit : http://farm6.staticflickr.com/