Bed Bugs Treatment- Keep bed bugs at bay!
The incidence of bed bug infestation has increased by several times over the years. Since the consequences of suffering a bed bug bite are not pleasant, people try to prevent bed bug infestation in the first place. As the saying goes, “prevention is better than cure”, follow a couple of measures so that you can keep them at bay. In this article, let us find out how you can prevent them from being a menace in your daily life.
Tips for Bed Bugs Treatment
Check out the guidelines below. Find out how you can make your bedding bug-free.
Replacing the bedding is one way you can keep them away. First and foremost, make sure you use hypoallergenic bed sheets. It means that the fabric that builds up the pay sheet must be tightly woven so that there are no spaces for the bugs to infest and make these spots their haven.
- Isolation- In the event, the bed is already infested; isolation is the first step. Keep away the infested foundation from other bedrooms. Take down the entire bedding and wrap it with plastic so that the chances of the bug transmission to other areas get reduced.
- Hot water treatment- Next, what you can do is wash the bedding in boiling water for a minimum of half an hour. After that, you can dry it at a higher temperature for another 30 minutes.
- Kill the eggs-You have to be particularly careful about the eggs that will grow into bed bugs again. So, you will aim to eradicate them first. Vacuuming helps to a great extent. You can vacuum the bed linen after the treatment above. In this way, when most of the bed bugs and eggs will have already died, vacuuming will make the process foolproof.
- Dispose-off cleaning content far away- You can dispose-off the contents obtained after vacuum cleaning outside the house in garbage away from the vicinity of your home.
- Keep bedsides bug-free- Aside from the bed sheets and linen, you also have to be sure that bed rails or sides of the beds (the wooden structures) are free of bed bugs.
If you think that you have got the answer to “how to get rid of bed bugs,” these are not just the solutions that you can opt for. You can also take the following measures-
Traps – Bed Bugs Treatment
Also known by the name “moat-style” traps, these are used so that the bed bug is not able to make its journey from its nesting place to the victim. You can place “sticky pads” at those junctures from where you think these bugs will be able to climb and infest the bed. The bugs get trapped in the sticky pads and are not able to make their way further up.
Bed bugs enter your premises through various sources like clothing, luggage, and already infested beds and through victims that carry them to another bed, and couches, upholstery, and so on. It is vital that when you take adequate measures, that you address the above spaces too.