Are CCTVs enough for foolproof home security?
Buying a security system is just the same as investing in an insurance scheme; you always hope that you never really have to use it. So, does one really need to install a home securitysystem? Does a CCTV camera promises 100 percent protection to your abode?
If someone has ever been rescued from fire or burglary with the help of a home CCTV system then,he/she will not doubt even a bit on the worth of investing in one. But on the other side, it is difficult for others to justify this extra expense. Views can vary!
Let’s have a look at few stats that might help you strengthen or change your opinion:
- A research has come up with some an interesting figure: You are 2 to 3 times more vulnerable to crime and theft if you don’t have a surveillance camera at your home.
- On an average, it takes only about a minute (57 second to be precise) for a burglar to break into your home.
- Front doors do not fall in the favorite category of burglars anymore. Stats convey that 67% of the times they choose other entrances to break-in rather than the front door.
- Home burglaries account for 88% of the total burglaries.
- According to a recent FBI study, if you have a home monitoring system then you are 15 times less likely to get robbed.
- In the USA, only 15% of households have a home surveillance system to safeguard their homes.
To help you get a better insight, we are jotting down basic pros and cons of securityequipment for home usage.Take a glance:
Pros of CCTVs at Home
Many a times, just the sight of a surveillance camera is more than enough to deter away would-be burglars and criminals. And, a home monitoring system combined with an alarm can prove to be an ultimate weapon against any burglary. The ear deafening alarms send an adrenaline rush to the burglar, increasing the probability that he might get scared of getting caught and would run away from the scene immediately. The user may also set the alarm system to dial a telephone number of the local police department.
Additionally, you can save as much as 20% on your insurance policy if your house is protected by a security system. So, it is not just an expense! It can take off your billstoo. J
Cons ofCCTVs at Home
There would be some highly trained professional criminals who know exactly how to get in, steal whatever they want, and disappear before the police arrive. These people know the tricks to ditch the CCTV cameras and may not get discouraged from robbing even when the alarms are set on. In such cases, sense of security offered by these systems tends to be deceptive.
Moreover, at times the user may forget to set the alarm too. They can fall asleep before locking up their home and setting the surveillance system to record. If that happens, then a home monitoring system will do you no good. Also, a home camera system demands regular maintenance. To get the most out of these systems, watch them and keep them running with proper care.
So, now you can decide firmly on whether to buy a CCTV camera for your dwelling or not.
Author Bio: Acknowledged for his security acumen, Ted Yu is a gadget wizard, an active blogger, and an eminent speaker. With more than 10 years of experience to his credit, Ted has always been a pertinent contributor to the securityindustry. He is closely associated with Revo America, a well renowned security products manufacturer and retailer. Needless to say, Ted boasts for paramount and credible products only, with Revo’s being his favorite. Get to know him more through twitter.