All You Need To Know About The Benefits Of Bamboo Flooring
Nowadays, more and more homeowners have shifted their focus to creating a sustainable home that contributes to saving the planet. The report state that bamboos overgrow once they mature in 3-5 years compared to hardwood materials. Keeping that in mind, one should opt for bamboo flooring. In recent years, the demand for bamboo flooring has shown a tremendous increase in demand because of other benefits of bamboos.
Here will we share the most important benefits of installing bamboo flooring in your home or office.
- Bamboo flooring is also known as hardwood flooring because it is processed in such a way to provide all the benefits of hardwood flooring in less amount and without destroying the forest.
- Bamboo flooring gets its beauty from the natural patterns in bamboo; hence the bamboo flooring looks as new as the first day you installed the flooring
- The best part about bamboo flooring is that you will find different shades of colours, patterns and styles in bamboo flooring to suit the interiors and the furnishing of your house, so you not need to worry about the flooring looking out of place.
- Stranded Bamboo flooring planks are 3 times harder than oak flooring planks. Hence, you can install bamboo flooring in any part of the house or the office, even where heavy footfalls.
- Once you install bamboo flooring, you do not have to worry about changing the flooring any time soon because many majorities of the manufacturers provide a warranty and guarantee of up to 25 years which is not given for any other flooring. This will help you save money in the long run on maintenance.
- Bamboo flooring is the only flooring option that you can install on your own just by following the guidelines mentioned by the manufacturer, and it will only take you 1 weekend to complete the flooring work
- Bamboo flooring is easy to clean; it is stain and moisture resistant. All you need is a wet cloth or a mop or a vacuum cleaner to clean the floor of any dirt or debris, and it is as new as ever. Bamboo is also resistant to bug infestations and allergens. It is perfect for households to keep their family safe from any allergies.
There Are 3 Types Of Bamboo Flooring Available
- Stranded: this bamboo flooring is made by pressing together resin and strands of bamboo together and then cutting into planks, making it the premium bamboo flooring option.
- Horizontal: Although this bamboo flooring looks similar to stranded bamboo flooring, it is not as strong as stranded bamboo flooring. Once the strands are removed from the bamboo with high grain content, it looks like long strands in the texture, giving the flooring its name.
- Engineered: this bamboo flooring is very similar to hardwood flooring. Making it the least durable amongst all the 3 types of bamboo flooring. This flooring looks like birch hardwood or maple hardwood flooring, and this bamboo flooring is prone to scratch marks.
You will come across many bamboo flooring manufacturers; you need to choose the brand that has been especially in bamboo flooring manufacturing for a very long time and is reputed in the market. You can always ask for recommendations from people who have installed bamboo flooring and get their honest reviews. This will help you decide what kind of bamboo flooring you would like to opt for.