When do you Need to Replace Your Plumbing
Taking care of your plumbing around your house is probably the most important aspect of keeping a home well maintained. Without the proper maintenance, your entire plumbing system can begin to fail and cause permanent damage to your home. Hiring a professional can help you get a handle of your plumbing situation when you begin to see these types of signs.
1. Repeated Leaks: When you start seeing repeated leaks around your home, which you repair, it can indicate a larger problem along your pipes. Although it may start with a small leak, the problem may eventually erupt into a larger leak that can flood your home.
2. Coloring of Water: One of the best ways to tell how well your pipes are is by checking the color of your water. A great way is to check your water when you come back from a vacation. Fill up your bathtub with water and check for a brown or yellow tinge to the water.
3. Mold: You may run into a mold problem when you are doing some remodeling around your home. If you start to see mold around your bathroom or under the house, it may indicate a major problem with your plumbing system.
4. Tubing, Discoloration and Stains: Make sure that you check exposed tubing inside your home. The tubing can be located in a basement or a crawl space. If you notice discoloration or stains around the tubing, this can be an indicator of extensive wear and tear.
5. Flaking and Dimpling: While you are checking the tubing in your home, you can also check for flaking or dimpling. The flaking of the tube can be a warning sign that the pipes are beginning to fall apart.
6. Water Pressure: Low water pressure is another sign that your plumbing needs replacement. It could indicate galvanized pipes that are clogged or starting to corrode. Within time, you may have a burst pipe on your hands.
7. Strange Smell: The smell of sewer can be a classic sign that your drains aren’t performing as they should. If the strange smell is accompanied by standing water outside of your home, you may already have a leak in your drainage pipes.
In the end, your goal should be to spot leaks anywhere around your home. If you do find something irregular, make sure that you hire a plumber like those at Imagine Plumbing & Appliance Ltd.to identify and fix the problem before it gets out of hand.